Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Lobuche done! Off to build a school

Linda Blakely, Bob Wood, Nima Sherpa and Tim Rippel - Lobuche 6119m


Couldn't ask for a better day to summit and being my last climb in the Himalayas it was wonderful gift .  Standing there saying good-bye to all the memories on these beautiful peaks, Ama Dablam, Pumori and Everest that I worked on for so many years. Thank you beautiful Khumbu and all my friends that live here and the valley's below. My heart is full with love from all of you who have treated me so well. Thank you higher powers for keeping me and all my climbers safe. I'm one of the lucky ones and proud to leave this way. I sleep at night knowing I always gave it my best shot in keeping everyone safe. 

We (Becky and I), are off on another path. Everyone tells us that we can't quit and they are right. We will just be doing different things.  It's in our blood after 25 years, twice and sometimes three times a year. We will return each autumn to lead a soft trek and bring volunteers to help build quality schools in rural Nepal. 

Right after this climb I scurried off the mountain and headed to our earth build school project. You can follow us at Peak Freaks Rippel Effect. 

Please keep following. We have a lot of work to do.

Tim and Becky Rippel

No comments:

Post a Comment